We hear about the impact of the opioid epidemic regularly on the news. We’re affected by it in our communities. Most people know someone dealing with the pain of it. Yet, what holds people back from quitting? The problems are complex. However, one reason is that people are concerned about withdrawal effects. This is understandable. If people had steps for coping with opioid withdrawal, then they may be more successful at quitting. Let’s look at some ways you can deal with coping with opioid withdrawal.
If you or a loved one suffers from opioid abuse or addiction, reach out to the residential addiction treatment center in Dallas, Texas for help.
What Are Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms?
When withdrawing from opioids, you will deal with many unpleasant symptoms such as:
- Excessive yawning or watery eyes
- Runny nose and sniffling
- Flu-like body aches and pains
- Anxiety and restlessness
Not everyone experiences coping with opioid withdrawal with the same symptoms or at the same intensity. It depends on how long you were using opioids and how much you were using. Someone who had a prescription and ended up using too many, but hasn’t done it very long, won’t have the same intensity as someone who is doing heroin.
Coping with Opioid Withdrawal
Learning to cope with the withdrawal symptoms of opioids is no easy matter. Here are a few tips to help you make the transition:
- Have a good support system in place at home or at a 12-step program in TX, who can provide comfort or resources for you during your difficult time
- Use over the counter medications to relieve some of the symptoms, such as headaches, nausea, and so on
- Find a mental exercise you can resort to when you feel the cravings coming on. For example, you could meditate, do yoga, pray, or call a friend
- Attend a rehab center for inpatient or intensive outpatient program in TX to gain the skills for recovery
Go to detox for stronger medical support if you feel you cannot cope with the withdrawal alone. When you participate in a detox rehab, you’ll have the care of expert professionals surrounding you while you recover. They will provide medication and make sure you’re comfortable. This will ease some of the symptoms to make it more bearable for you.
Recovery at The Right Step
Introducing Right Step in Dallas, TX, where you will discover experienced and compassionate caregivers ready to help you on the recovery journey to a brighter tomorrow.
Our opioid addiction treatment program will make sure coping with opioid withdrawal becomes safe and comfortable. Then we help you with relapse prevention by enrolling you in our top-quality therapy programs. You’re sure to get the best of care from our licensed therapists. We offer a wide variety of therapy programs, some of which include:
- The Daring Way therapy in Texas
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Individual, group, and family therapy in Dallas
Don’t wait until your opioid addiction problems become too big to handle, and you can’t cope. Seek help from professionals. Now that you know about coping with opioid withdrawal contact the Right Step in Dallas, and find a helping hand. Call us at 1.844.768.1161, and we’ll walk along beside you.